If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, or you suspect that fumes containing Carbon Monoxide are escaping from a gas appliance call 749000 immediately.
Don't use naked flames
Don't turn electric switches on or off
Don't use your telephone or doorbell
Don't leave it to someone else
Do turn off your gas supply at the emergency control valve (usually next to your gas meter).
Do extinguish all naked flames and sources of ignition.
Do open doors and windows to allow gas to disperse.
Cylinders suspected of leaking should be moved into a well ventilated area if safe to do so.
Gas is a safe fuel when used and serviced correctly, but as with all fuels, it should be used responsibly and all gas appliances kept well maintained to ensure safe and efficient operation.
For added peace of mind and an end to
maintenance worries explore our ServiceCare
cover details here.
If you ever suffer any of the following symptoms when gas appliances are in use: headaches; nausea; dizziness. Turn them off immediately and call 749000.